We are a firm of accountants with offices in Pershore, Cheltenham, Ledbury and Twyning. We specialise in working for owner-managed and family-run businesses. We have grown rapidly over the last few years due to the excellent quality of service we offer our clients which is testament to our dedicated, hardworking and passionate team.
Crowthers has a team approaching 40 staff across the 4 offices. We are very focussed on building and retaining our amazing team, seeking to promote from within which is shown by the fact that many of our directors are home grown talent.
As well as the usual benefits package such as annual leave and life assurance, we are proud to offer other Firm wide benefits such as:
- Competitive pension contribution
- Flexible working hours with an early Friday finish
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Birthday lunches, fresh fruit and coffee runs
- Regular social events
- 8 hours a day on Monday to Thursday between the hours of 8:00am and 6:00pm (with an unpaid break of at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours); and
- 5 hours a day on Friday between the hours of 8.00am and 2.30pm.
We have the following vacancies:
Senior Accounts Manager/Accounts Manager- Pershore
- Review sole trader, partnership and limited company accounts.
- Review corporation tax returns, self-assessment tax returns, trust returns, VAT returns and personal tax.
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients.
- Meetings with clients to present accounts & carry out tax planning.
- Manage, train and appraise trainees (mix of ACA and AAT). Assist in recruitment of future trainees.
- Job planning and monitoring budgets.
- Managing year-end letters and ensuring all deadlines are monitored.
- Attending management meetings.
- Monitor chargeable time and recoveries on jobs and carry out the work within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Assist in business development activities and attracting new clients to the firm.
- Develop initiatives to drive the firm forward.
- Assist the corporate tax team with the preparation of the R&D tax relief claims, patent box claims, capital allowance claims, as well as advisory and restructuring projects.
- Assist with the preparation of remuneration planning reviews and inheritance tax reviews.
We are looking for the right person to fit in with our team in Pershore.
The individual should have the following qualifications:
- ACA/ACCA qualified.
- At least 4 years post qualification experience.
- Personal tax and accounts experience
- Knowledge of Sage and Xero software.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience of report writing.
- Good IT skills, particularly Word and Excel.
- Commercially aware.
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, flexible and keen to learn.
- Willingness to travel and occasionally work long hours to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Driving licence is essential.
- Enthusiastic about the opportunity to grow a team.
We are looking to offer a very competitive salary package based on the level of experience of the individual.
Initially, you can E-mail your CV to email@example.com or send it by post to the address detailed below. An Application Form will be provided for completion if we wish to consider you for interview. Please send your postal application to:
Crowthers Chartered Accountants
15 St Georges Road,
Our firm is a Registered Training Office for ACA, ACCA and AAT students and individual training packages are offered to all our own student trainees.