A Brief History of our Business
- Our Pershore Office was originally founded in 1989 as Crowther & Co by Jonathan Crowther and many clients from those early days are still clients today.
- Nikki Walding joined the firm in 1997 from Grant Thornton when she qualified as a Chartered Accountant.
- In 2001 the Ledbury Office was created following the merger with Beard & Company where Ian Cooke was a Manager.
- In 2007 we incorporated as Crowthers Accountants Limited and became known as Crowthers Chartered Accountants.
- In 2008, Sophie Howard who has trained with us since 2002 became a Manager and with Jonathan set up the specialist Agricultural Team.
- In 2017 the Cheltenham Office was opened when Sara Crowther became a Director and merged her existing corporate tax practice.
- In 2019 we opened a new Rural Office on the M50 at Twyning near Tewkesbury and all our farming team relocated to this central site.
- In April 2021 Lucinda Davenport became a Director and took over control of the Cheltenham General Practice which has grown rapidly.
Jonathan Crowther FCA
Jonathan looks after our administration and IT and is based in Cheltenham. He also provides consultancy support to farming and personal tax clients.
Nikki Walding FCA CTA
Nikki looks after our Pershore Office and specialises in accounts and tax planning for our corporate and larger clients. She has specialist teams dealing with small jobs and personal tax.
Ian Cooke FCA
Ian looks after the Ledbury Office and specialises in accounts and tax planning for our larger corporate clients. He has a specialist team looking after smaller jobs and Ledbury hosts our Payroll Bureau services.
Outside of work Ian is a film buff and an avid football fan.
Sophie Howard FCA
Sophie is in charge of our Rural Office near Tewkesbury and acts for farmers and their diversified businesses. She has developed our farming team and the farming services so that we are one of the very few specialist agricultural firms of accountants in the area.
Sara Crowther FCA CTA
Sara leads our Corporate Tax team that is based in our Cheltenham Office. She is a specialist in research and development (R&D) tax relief.
In her spare time, Sara enjoys renovating houses, watching the rugby and drinking G&T!
Lucinda Davenport ACA
Lucinda leads our General Practice services in Cheltenham and os our Trust Tax and Personal Tax specialist.
In her spare time, Lucinda enjoys riding her horse ‘Bruce’ and renovating her property with her partner.
At Crowthers we are committed to promoting equality and diversity and recognise the benefits of a diverse workforce. We periodically monitor the diversity profile of our team. We gather statistics on age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and socio-economic backgrounds on a voluntary basis. A brief summary of the results of this data is published at the foot of the description of our probate services found here. The latest data was collected as at 31 March 2021.