Are you a farmer or do you provide agricultural services? Would you like a proactive and personalised approach to accounting and financial services. Sophie Howard, our agricultural specialist has over 15 years’ experience having nurtured the development of our agricultural services.
Our specialist agricultural team, many of whom come from farming backgrounds, are based at our rural Twyning office and currently provide accounting and taxation services for over 200 farming and agricultural clients, championing themselves on their personal hands-on approach.
We aim to look after all routine financial matters for you, based on our specialist farming and taxation knowledge, our plain speaking and good old-fashioned approach to customer service. Enabling you as the farmer or business owner, to get on with running your business.
With an ever-changing market, we are aware that you may be looking to diversify from the core agricultural business into other ventures such as holiday lets, equine and storage and we are here to assist with your development needs.
The services we offer…
Our team can offer more than standard accounts preparation and tax compliance that your farming business needs, the additional accounting services we can offer are:
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns;
- Monthly or quarterly management accounts;
- Cloud-based software support (including but not limited to Xero, KashFlow, Sage and Quickbooks);
- Compliance with Making Tax Digital (MTD); and
- Fee protection insurance in the event of a HMRC enquiry.
In addition, we offer specialist planning and consultancy services which can be tailored to your individual needs, including:
- Agreeing your financial strategy for the future, incorporating cash flow forecasts and business plans;
- Tax planning advice including profit extraction and financial management;
- Diversification planning in a developing market, you may be looking to use surplus land for equine activities or develop obsolete buildings into furnished holiday lets or storage;
- Review of your capital investment strategy, including timing of investments and the Capital allowance claims associated with any qualifying expenditure;
- Assisting with the disposal of the business incorporating share or asset valuations, protection of family assets, capital gains tax calculations and minimising any tax exposure on the disposal. We also have a substantial network of professionals who specialise in the disposal and valuations of agricultural businesses that we could introduce you to; and
- Retirement and succession planning or handing over the family business to the next generation, a review of your current inheritance tax exposure and potential mitigation opportunities, it is never too early to look at this.
By employing a dedicated team, with prior farming knowledge and backgrounds, we are able to drive down costs and offer a truly cost-effective service to any size farming or agricultural client.
Most of our work is carried out on an agreed fixed fee basis “with no surprises”. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to discuss the services that we can offer you.
To contact us in the first instance please speak to…
Our agricultural services are based in our rural Twyning office and are led by Director, Sophie Howard.
Sophie is supported by Sarah Medcalf our agricultural manager.