Crowthers specialise in assisting family-run and owner-managed businesses with turnover of up to £10 million across a diverse range of business sectors.
As well as assisting you with the preparation of your statutory accounts and helping you meet your corporation tax compliance responsibilities, we offer a variety of other professional services to help put you in control of your finances.
The services we offer…
As well as routine compliance services (preparing company accounts and tax returns) we will provide you with a dedicated Director and Manager at Crowthers so that you are able to contact us with any queries. We also offer an annual in-person meeting to discuss your accounts as part of our fee quotation.
We also offer a range of additional services that are tailored to your individual needs which may include:
- Carrying out tax planning, including a pre year-end tax planning review to ensuring your company tax payments are minimised;
- Carrying out remuneration planning to mitigate your (the business owners and directors) personal tax liabilities and ensure efficient cash extraction;
- Attending regular Board Meetings to assist you to develop a financial plan and strategy for the future;
- Ensuring you (the business owners and directors) have considered your inheritance tax position, have an up-to-date Will, have adequate life assurance cover and pension provision (and referring you to our extensive network of professional contacts where required);
- Assisting you with retirement and succession planning, handing over to the next generation of your family business or preparing for a future sale or exit from the company;
- Cash flow forecasting and assisting with the preparation of business plans to assist you with business growth or to obtain funding;
- Assisting with the preparation of management accounts and/or identifying key performance indicators that can be measured and monitored to achieve your financial goals;
- Working alongside your Finance Manager and/or Finance Director to improve record keeping, reporting, compliance, cost savings and/or business growth;
- Ensuring that key employees are remunerated and rewarded in a tax efficient manner, including the consideration of tax approved share option schemes;
- For high growth businesses we can assist you with obtaining funding through tax efficient investment schemes such as the Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS);
- Ensuring that your claims for capital allowances are maximised and assisting with any claims that can be made on property acquisitions or construction works undertaken by the company;
- Preparing claims for research and development tax relief and patent box;
- Payroll bureau for directors and staff (for a fee estimate click here);
- Fee protection insurance in the event of a HMRC enquiry.
Most of our work is carried out on an agreed fixed fee basis “with no surprises”. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to discuss the services that we can offer you.
To contact us, in the first instance please speak to…
Nikki Walding (Director)
Charlotte Clarke (Manager)
Ian Cooke (Director)
Kelly Cummings (Manager)
Sara Crowther (Director)
Nicola Hacker (Manager)
Sophie Howard (Director)
Sarah Medcalf (Manager)